If you’ve noticed a warm spot on your floor, it could be a sign of an underlying plumbing issue, such as a slab leak. At Still Waters Plumbing , we specialize in identifying and fixing plumbing problems that can cause warm spots on your floors.
Possible Causes of Warm Spots on your Floors
- Radiant Heat System: A radiant heat system may be the cause of a warm spot on your floor. It is possible that the system is working as it should. Radiant heat systems use hot water or electrical elements to warm your floors. It is normal for the heat to be more concentrated in certain areas.
- Slab Leak on Hot Water Line: If you have a hot water pipe leaking your home, it’s possible that the water is seeping into your flooring and causing it to feel warm. You may also notice other signs of a leak, such as a decrease in water pressure or an increase in your water bill.
- Insulation Issues: If your home’s insulation is inadequate, warm air can escape from your heating system. This can cause some areas of your home to feel warmer than others. This can result in warm spots in the floor.
- Electrical Issues: Inadequate wiring or outdated outlets can also cause your floors to feel warm. This is due to the higher level of electricity running through the wires, which can cause your floors to heat up. This is especially common in older homes that have not been updates with the most modern wiring. Additionally, if you have devices that are plugged into the wall and are in use for long periods of time, this can cause your floors to become warm as well.
How Can We Help?
At Still Waters Plumbing, our team of expert plumbers can help identify the source of the warm spot on your floor and recommend the best course of action to fix the problem. We use advanced technology and equipment, such as video inspection camera and thermal imaging cameras, to detect any underlying plumbing issues that may be causing the warm spot.
While we may not be able to help with all of the possible causes of the warm spot, we can certainly help with identifying, locating, and repairing a slab leak. Our experienced technicians have the right tools and knowledge to help identify the source of the leak and repair it safely. We use the latest technology and equipment to detect the location of the leak quickly and efficiently. With our expertise, you can rest assured that your home will be kept safe and comfortable.
A slab leak occurs when there is a leak in the water lines that run beneath your home’s foundation, also known as the “slab.” Signs of a slab leak may include:
- A sudden increase in your water bill
- Water pooling on your property
- Low water pressure
- Warm spots on your floor
- Cracks in you walls or foundation
- Signs of water damage on your floors Such as: buckling wood floors, wet spots on the carpet, unexplained mildew smell, ect
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to schedule a leak detection service as soon as possible.
How does Leak Detection Work?
Our team uses advanced technology and equipment to detect slab leaks quickly and accurately, including:
- Electronic Leak Detection: We use specialized equipment to locate the source of the leak without the need for invasive digging.
- Video Inspection Cameras: We use high-resolution cameras to inspect your plumbing system and identify any damage or blockages that may be contributing to the leak.
- Thermal Imaging: A thermal camera is a tool for finding leaks in pipes that are obscured from view, such as behind walls or under flooring. It can detect temperature variations in a given area and produce a thermographic image to pinpoint where the leak is located.
- Geophones: A stethoscope-style headset allows you to hear and fell the sound of a leak through mechanical means, enabling you to locate the spot where it is loudest by moving the sensing heads across a pressurized line.
Once we have identified the issue, we will provide you with a detailed report of our findings and recommend the best course of action to fix the slab leak. Our team is equipped to handle any type of slab leak, from small pinhole leaks to major pipe bursts. We are equipped to fix slab leaks a variety of ways including: rerouting water lines, tunneling, going through the slab, and trenchless repair. Each scenario is unique and we enjoy providing our customers with a variety of options to fit every budget. Still Waters Plumbing is your go-to plumbing company for slab leaks in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. If you suspect that you have a slab leak in your home, it is important to act quickly to prevent further damage and costly repairs.
We understand that slab leaks can be a stressful and costly problem to deal with. That’s why we offer affordable and effective slab leak repair services to our customers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Our team is committed to providing prompt and reliable service, and we will work quickly to repair any slab leaks in your home. Our team has over 70 years of experience in the plumbing trade to ensure you receive the best possible service. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee as well as a variety of warranties, so you can rest assured that your plumbing system will be repaired quickly and correctly.